Warranty Terms and Conditions Summary
Warranty against possible manufacturing defects for electric bikes, and electric wheelchair. 2 years for frame (forks are not part of frame. this also applies to wheelchair forks holding the wheels), 1 year for motor, 1 year pro rata for battery. (excludes misuse/abuse and water damage e. g. riding through the surf or rain). Customers responsibility to return and redeliver the item. Labour is not included in warranty. Warranty only valid for original purchaser and tax invoice must be produced. This is accepted by the owner.
Warranty for electric drift trike: 3 months for frame, motor and battery.
Examples of items which are not covered by the warranty:
-minor scratches, marks or imperfections
-damage due to external causes, e.g. damage by negligent use, incorrect use and tampering with the battery pack, damage by traffic accidents and damage during any transportation, e.g. by couriers
-damage due to normal wear and tear and maintenance. Wear and tear items which are not covered include tyres, tubes, brakes, brake pads, wheel spokes, derailleur tuning, gear adjustments, bottom bracket tightening, handlebar adjustments.
-If the bike doesn’t reach top speed this is not covered by warranty and if the distance per charge is not as advertised this is also not covered by warranty as this is only an estimate. Batteries lose capacity naturally.
-poor maintenance and any modifications to the product or components
-noise, e.g. squeaking noise or vibration noise
- Effective 5 April 2016 the warranty will be reduced to 6 months including the frame if the product is used commercially in any way (including, but not limited to, putting the product for hire, using it for food delivery and using it for flyer drops).Effective 9 May 2017 the warranty will be voided if the product is used commercially in any way.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
For the avoidance of doubt: We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Leitner agrees to repair or replace the product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Leitner’s specifications during: the Warranty period of 12 months for manufacturer faults of motor and 12 months for manufacturer faults of battery (pro rata) and 24 months for manufacturer faults of the frame.
- The Standard warranty period commences on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, the date of delivery of the product will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Warranty.
- Leitner requires any customer requesting service under the Warranty to comply with directions from Leitner staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions. Any repair service under warranty must be approved by Leitner. If a customer decides to perform repairs on a product without Leitner's approval, Leitner will under no circumstances be liable to pay for the cost of such unauthorized repair services.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Leitner via email before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Leitner reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Leitner reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Leitner will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Leitner with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Leitner. Leitner may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Warranty does not extend or restart the Warranty period.
- If Leitner is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Leitner's store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Leitner's election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- Where Leitner authorises warranty service of a Product, the Customer will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation the Customer will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Leitner specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Leitner if Leitner specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the customer is located outside Australia, Leitner may require that the Product be sent to Australia, as directed by Leitner. The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Leitner upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Leitner within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Leitner reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Leitner's internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to and from the Leitner Authorised Repair Centre.
- Leitner may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Warranty do not apply as per section 14.
- Leitner reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Leitner’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Warranty is not transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Leitner.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product: If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product; If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product; Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product; To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions; To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer; To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for Digital Products To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications; To replacement or repair of any consumables (including cables), or lost parts or accessories; To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
- To the full extent permitted by law: Leitner will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. Leitner's aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Leitner's option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product. Leitner excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Leitner Products supplied by Leitner Australia, these Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The Pro rata Lithium Battery Warranty Period is 1 year. It is warranted that the battery retains 80% of capacity after 1 year. 0-3 months from purchase date: full replacement without pro rata fee. 4-5 months from purchase date: full replacement with 20% pro rata fee. 6-7 months from purchase date: full replacement with 35% pro rata fee. 7-8 months from purchase date: full replacement with 50% pro rata fee. 9-10 months from purchase date: full replacement with 65% pro rata fee. 11-12 months from purchase date: full replacement with 80% pro rata fee.
- All warranties are voided if the product will be modified